Monday 20 July 2015

Late Late Show with James Corden is brilliant (First Discovered July 22, 2015)

Why has it taken me until now to discover James Corden! Between his charming English accent and his genuine comedic attitude, I’ve become obsessed for days now with watching and sharing his videos on YouTube, to the point where my friends are starting to ask questions. 

My favourite segment is Carpool Karaoke. My understanding is that Mr. Corden came up with this idea to create interest in the show by playing to his strengths i.e. singing and performing. He has admitted publicly that he is not a stand-up comedian and wants the show to be something different from the normal format for late night shows. Well I say he is on to something great.

The only late night show I ever watch is Jimmy Fallon who I have a school girl crush on and think he is a wicked talented comedian, but that’s for another post. Now I watch two and it all started when I stumbled across his carpool karaoke with Justin Bieber.

I was surprised at first that Bieber was even on the show, he must have an album coming out. My intrigue forced me to click play on YouTube. Full stop, Corden and Bieber nailed it. I can’t stop watching it and I even think Bieber comes across as likable in some parts, I know shocking. 

I’ve gone on to watch all the carpool karaokes from Jennifer Hudson singing James’ drive-thru order to Rob Stewart casually snapping his fingers to his new jam. I think the secret to James success is his ability to bring out the best in his guests by creating a comfortable atmosphere where they feel they can take off their "Hollywood masks" and just have fun, even if it’s only for a few minutes in a black Land Rover.  I’m wishing for the day that I see carpool karaoke with Jon Bon Jovi. Could you imagine Jon and James belting out Livin on a Prayer, it would be fantastic.

My hope is James Corden continues his quest to make late night history. I know I’ll be watching.

Must see...Bieber's Carpool Karaoke with James Corden: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx06c0ZEBMk


No comments:

Post a Comment