Wednesday 22 July 2015

Entourage the TV show + Entourage the movie = Victory!

Okay I will admit that I didn’t watch Entourage the TV show until this year. I heard about it, knew all the characters and seen a few episodes, but it wasn’t until I promised to see the movie with my husband that I finally was motivated to watch the entire series from start to finish.

Of course I loved it and I’m glad I waited until now to see it. I am the same age as the characters which makes the show a synopsis of my 20s from the music to the clothes. Each episode was a trip down memory lane where I could reminisce about the "good old days" now that I’m wiser and older (well maybe just older).

My husband and I saw the movie opening weekend and were consumed for the total running time. It was full dose of Ari's , gone too far but I like it, euphemisms with a side of Johnny Drama goodness. I also loved the edition of Rhonda Rousey who is so talented, but her resting bitch face did scare the crap out of me.

It took longer that fans wanted to make the movie, but it was worth the wait. It ended perfectly with Johnny Drama finally getting his much deserved 15 minutes of fame at the Golden Globes. That scene was my inspiration for the picture below.



It’s from the Perth Kilt Race that I do every year with my sister and her friends. This year we participated in the Warrior Class section of the race. It’s a 8km race in the Ontario summer heat with 5 obstacles to complete including crossing a river to get a shot of scotch, all while wearing a kilt and carrying a wooden shield and sword. 

The race kicked my ass and when I was crossing the finish line I yelled “Victory” in jubilation.  Much to my amazement my sister and her friends had no idea who Johnny Drama was and had never seen Entourage.

I told them that they were missing out on a show that is full of brilliant writing and iconic characters where all the viewer is asked to do is sit back and cruise in their imaginary black Lincoln in order to enjoy. 

I spent the rest of the night showing them YouTube Entourage Clips on my phone.


They were finally sold when they saw this one

Ari Gold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMdmWjtDRPE

No comments:

Post a Comment