Tuesday 12 January 2016

Matt Damon turned my beat around

Christmas is a time for me to catch up on seeing movies from the year before award season begins. I was busy, so instead of writing a post for each one that I saw I have condensed my personal reviews into this one post. Below you will see my brief thoughts of each film and I also ranked them from worst to best.

The Lobster
Weird…I usually like weird, but this was over the top and pointless.

Sicario
Awesome action scenes with lots of suspense. Where it went wrong was Emily Blunt’s lack of character development which was a shame because her character at first seemed complex and interesting, but the ending fell flat as a result and she came across as weak.

Burnt
Bradley Cooper's performance did a great job at keeping my attention for the full 1h 41m. It was a good film that was full of heartache, romance and triumph. It also made me hungry.

Spotlight
Fantastic story with an all-star cast, so I was expecting more than what I saw. Don’t get me wrong it was good, but I was hoping for more of a connection to the characters. I will give props to Mark Ruffalo’s stellar performance, great character acting.

Star Wars: the Force Awakens
Finally a Star Wars movie that I can connect with. I’m a 80s child so it was nice to see this film. It reminded me of all the reasons why I love the franchise.

The Martian
Hands down the best film I saw all Christmas. Which was surprising since I had no desire to see it after viewing the trailer. I thought it would be another Gravity, but I was mistaken. Matt Damon was awesome and hilarious. He definitely deserved the Golden Globe for his performance. This film had all the things I love humor, superb acting and a great plot.


After watching the Golden Globes this past Sunday, I realized I still have a lot of catching up to do. My top priorities are the Revenant, the Big Short and Creed. Stay-tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment